DOCUMENTS AND INFORMATION TO BE SUBMITTED ALONG WITH THE APPLICATION FOR GRANT OF LICENCE UNDER PRODUCT CERTIFICATION SCHEME OF BIS
1. Self Evaluation -cum- Verification Report (as enclosed).
2. Copy of test report(s), duly authenticated, from independent BIS recognized laboratory indicating conformance of the product to relevant Indian Standard(s). It shall not be more than one month old.
3. Document authenticating establishment of the firm, such as Registration by Company Registrar or State Authority or Memorandum of Article in case Applicant Firm is a Limited Company or Partnership Deed in case the applicant firm is under Partnership.
4. Certificate from concerned regulatory agencies like Central Insecticide Board (CIB), Chief Controller of Explosive (CCE) and Drug Controller etc., as applicable.
5. SSI Certificate in case firm is a small scale unit (if concession in Marking Fee is required).
6. Drawing of the product (as applicable).
7. Pay Order/Demand Draft in favour of Bureau
of Indian Standards payable at
a) Rs. 1000/= + Taxes, as applicable (Application Fee)
b) Rs. 4000/= + Taxes, as applicable (Preliminary Inspection Charges).
8. Undertaking and Indemnity Bond on non-judicial stamp paper of the value of Rs. 100/- along with the application with a request for blocking licence number. Specimen of the undertaking/bond is enclosed. Furnishing of such undertaking-cum-Indemnity Bond by the Proprietor/Partner of the form is a must for the products under mandatory certification. List of products under mandatory certification is available on BIS web site.
Ψ Application to be submitted in duplicate duly stamped and signed by proprietor / partner / MD / authorized signatory of the firm indicating name & designation.
Ψ Clearly indicate product variety to be covered (type/grade/declared parameters etc. and related ISS).
Ψ In case of shifting of manufacturing premises, BIS shall be informed.
Ψ Mention complete office and factory address.
Ψ Give details of previous application for this product if applied earlier. State whether application was closed / rejected with reason.
Ψ Give details of licence held earlier if any. State whether licence was cancelled / expired with reason.
Ψ Give details of any legal case filed by BIS if any. State whether convicted by Court at any time in such cases.
Ψ All Visits/Inspections till grant of licence are chargeable @ Rs 3000 per day per person (except Preliminary Inspection for which Rs. 4000/= are chargeable).
Ψ Testing charges of sample(s) are to be paid at the time of drawal of sample.
Ψ Submit undertaking with respect to acceptance of Scheme of Testing and Inspection at the time of Verification Visit.
Ψ The application is liable to be rejected, if the information submitted by you along with your application is found to be incorrect.
Ψ If the documents are in language other than English/Hindi, a translation in English/ Hindi should be provided.
SPECIMEN OF UNDERTAKING -CUM-INDEMNITY BOND
(to be submitted on Rs. 100/-non-judicial stamp paper)
Undertaking-cum-Indemnity Bond of Shri/Smt _______________S/o/W/o_____________
I, the above named deponent do hereby solemnly affirm and declare as under:
1. That I am competent to swear this bond.
2. That the blocking of licence number shall not confer any right on me or it would not give any assurance/guarantee that I would be granted licence.
3. That the blocking of licence number would be further subject to the provisions of BIS (Certification) Regulations, 1988 and other conditions as may be imposed by BIS.
4. That in the event the licence is not granted to me on account of any reason, then this blocked licence number would not be allotted to me and BIS shall have right to allot the same to other applicant.
5. That the blocking of this licence number would not confer any right or claim whatsoever that this number would be my licence number in future.
6. That I shall not use this number with respect to any product/processes in any manner whatsoever before grant of licence.
7. That any expenditure incurred by me on account of blocking this licence number, the same shall be at my cost and risk and BIS shall have no liability whatsoever in this regard.
8. That in case any dispute arising out of the above blocking of this licence number between myself and/or BIS, and/or third party, any liability /expenses etc. incurred by BIS , I shall indemnify BIS for the same.
Verified at __________________on this the _________________day of ________2006,
that all the contents of this bond are true to the best of my knowledge and belief and no material has been concealed therein.
SPECIMEN OF REQUEST LETTER FOR ALLOTING/BLOCKING LICENCE NUMBER
Reference No. : Dated:
Subject: Allotment or Blocking of Licence Number
Bureau of Indian Standards
(to Head of related Branch Office of BIS)
I request you to kindly allot/block the BIS Certification Marks Licence Number while recording my application being submitted for grant of licence for (mention product) as per IS
The required undertaking-cum-Indemnity Bond is attached herewith for your records.